The Multipurpose Building will serve as a joint purpose dedicated to promoting collaborative learning and interactive instruction in advance manufacturing and public service. Courses that will be taught include Advance Manufacturing, Energy Technology, Criminal Justice, Dental Hygiene, Student Services and Chemistry. Palo Alto College’s Multipurpose Building will serve 804 manufacturing students over five years, providing 271,232 contact hours in advanced manufacturing education.
Also located in the Multipurpose Building will be the New Student Engagement & Welcome Center which will provide visitors, students, and faculty with a primary entry point to the campus. Various student support services will be housed within this building and will serve as a one-stop location for new students.
The multipurpose building will be 127,000 square foot and will be one of the largest buildings on campus
- A dedicated experiential learning space with fully equipped manufacturing labs
- Manufacturing labs and assembling shops
- Interactive classrooms and instructional spaces
- State-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and technology
- Computer and coding labs
- Hands-on labs
- Mock courtrooms for criminal justice
- Model classrooms for teaching programs
- Teaching and Learning Center
- Student Support Services
Anticipated start date: August 2020
Anticipated completion date: June 2022